IGCSE Mathematics (Cambridge Exam board)
The Course follows Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics 0580 Syllabus, of which more details can be found below:
- Preparation for the higher tier maths exam
- Graded 9 - 1 (9 Being the highest grade, 1 the lowest)
- If you are not confident with your skill level you can enter the Foundation tier exam
- The highest grade awarded at the foundation tier is 5
- Both tiers are assessed through 3 written exams
- 1 None Calculator exam and 2 Calculator exams
- Each exam contributes 33.3% of the qualification
- Each exam lasts 1 hour 30 minutes
- Download the specification
Components of study
- Algebra and graphs
- Coordinate geometry
- Vectors and transformations
Maths GCSE is part of an entry requirement for many university degree programmes. Achieving a GCSE in maths can also improve your job prospects or help you to progress to A Level maths study.
Exams: Your responsibilities
- Check Exam Timetables
- Locate an Approved Exam centre
- Contact the Approved Exam Centre to confirm acceptance of Private Candidates
- Explain to the Exam's officer which exam you wish to be entered for using the course code
- Book your place on the exam and pay the exam fee
- Don't leave it too late to book your place
Whilst we do not arrange your exam for you, we will offer guidance in locating an Approved Exam Centre. We do not accept liability for issues relating to exam entries or charges. This course is for foundation level in Maths. Many schools and colleges accept private candidates at their discretion. All the required forms and information relating to the awarding organisation (except the approved exam centre entry form) can be downloaded from here
Interest free monthly payment options:
GCSE online study and tutor support is available at a cost of £275.00 each (incl. Vat). Each GCSE or iGCSE can be studied for up to 6 months.
"The tutors were very supportive. The information was very clear and the feedback from the assignments was very helpful."
Environmental Health student
"I got 100% in Speaking, Listening and communication and now I am moving on to study the Access to Nursing Diploma."
English Functional Skills & Access to HE in Nursing Student
"I could not recommend AOLL enough for the help they provided when studying with them! I now have a place at university on a very competitive course due to completing this course!"
Occupational Therapy student