IGCSE Human Biology
The Course follows the Edexcel IGCSE Human Biology syllabus (4HB1), for which more information can be found below:
- This is an International GCSE
- Grades achievable 9 -1
- Assessment is through 2 written exams
- Exam One (4HBO/1 contributes two thirds of the qualification)
- The exams last 1-hour and 45 minutes
- Each exam is worth 50% of the qualification
- The exams are a mixture of different question styles, including calculations, multiple-choice, short-answer, comprehension and extended open-response questions
- Exam date: May/June and January
- Link: to the Edexcel IGCSE Human Biology Syllabus (4HB1)
Components of study
You will study comprehensive and detailed aspects of modern human biology. Including; Cells, Tissues and Molecules, Skeletal coordination, Nutrition Reproduction and Hereditary, Internal transport processes, Disease, non-pathogenic organisms along with gaining an understanding of the relationship between humans and their environment. Taking the Human Biology IGCSE course will help you to gain a greater understanding of the structure and function of the human biology and how the environment can be adapted to improve conditions for all.
Subject content: Cells and tissues, Biological molecules, Movement of substances in and out of cells, Bones, muscles and joints, Coordination, Nutrition and energy, Respiration, Gas exchange, Internal transport, Homeostatic mechanisms, Reproduction and heredity, Disease
Exams: Your responsibilities
- Check Exam Timetables
- Locate an Approved Exam centre
- Contact the Approved Exam Centre to confirm acceptance of Private Candidates
- Explain to the Exam's officer which exam you wish to be entered for using the course code
- Book your place on the exam and pay the exam fee
- Don't leave it too late to book your place
Whilst we do not arrange your exam for you, we will offer guidance in locating an Approved Exam Centre. We do not accept liability for issues relating to exam entries or charges. Many schools and colleges accept private candidates at their discretion. All the required forms and information relating to the awarding organisation (except the approved exam centre entry form) can be downloaded from here.
Interest free monthly payment options:
GCSE online study and tutor support is available at a cost of £275.00 each (incl. Vat). Each GCSE or iGCSE can be studied for up to 6 months.
"The tutors were very supportive. The information was very clear and the feedback from the assignments was very helpful."
Environmental Health student
"I got 100% in Speaking, Listening and communication and now I am moving on to study the Access to Nursing Diploma."
English Functional Skills & Access to HE in Nursing Student
"I could not recommend AOLL enough for the help they provided when studying with them! I now have a place at university on a very competitive course due to completing this course!"
Occupational Therapy student